While the weather in New York City has been unseasonably cool so far this summer, the heat is sure to come eventually. When it does, be prepared with these fashionable and comfortable clothing options that will help you beat the heat!
The best fabrics for summer
What are the best fabrics for summer? This is a question we get a lot here at Dressed for Success. There are a few different factors to consider when choosing the right fabrics for summer. The first is the climate. If you live in a hot, humid climate, you’ll want to choose fabrics that will help keep you cool and comfortable. Natural fibers like cotton and linen are always a good choice. They’re lightweight and breathable, and they won’t make you sweat like synthetic fibers can.
Another factor to consider is the type of activity you’ll be doing. If you’re going to be outside in the heat, you’ll want to choose fabrics that won’t absorb too much sweat and will dry quickly. Again, natural fibers are a good choice here. And if you’ll be doing a lot of walking or other activities that make you warm, you might want to choose a fabric with some moisture-wicking properties to help keep you dry.
Finally, think about the style of clothing you want to wear. If you want something that’s light and airy, delicate fabrics might not be the best choice. But if you’re looking for something more substantial that will still keep you cool, there are plenty
The best silhouettes for summer
When the temperature rises, so does the pressure to find the perfect summer outfit. But with a few key pieces, you can beat the heat and look chic at the same time.
For daytime, go for airy fabrics and loose silhouettes. A maxi dress is always a good option, or you can try a pair of wide-leg pants with a sleeveless blouse. If you need to layer up, reach for a light denim jacket or a kimono.
At night, you can still show some skin without melting in the heat. A slip dress is perfect for dinner or drinks, and you can style it with a denim jacket or blazer for some extra coverage. For a more casual look, try a sundress or romper. Just add some statement earrings and you’re good to go.
The best colors for summer
What are the best colors to wear in summer? That’s a question we get a lot here at Who What Wear, and there are definitely certain hues that are more flattering when the temperatures start to rise. From pretty pastels to rich jewel tones, we’ve rounded up the best colors to wear in summer, along with some of our favorite pieces in each shade.
pastel pink is such a delicate and feminine color, and it’s perfect for summer. It’s also incredibly versatile—you can dress it up or down, depending on the occasion. We love this pretty blush blouse from J.Crew Factory.
Bright white is always crisp and clean, but it feels particularly appropriate during the warmer months. It’s the perfect color to pair with other summer staples like denim shorts or a maxi skirt. This eyelet top from Loft is a great option for summer days spent outdoors.
Light blue is another classic summer hue, and it looks great on everyone. It’s especially perfect for those with fair skin and blonde hair. We love this gingham off-the-shoulder
The best prints for summer
What are the best prints for summer? We asked four fashion insiders to weigh in on the matter. Here’s what they had to say:
- “I’m loving palm prints and tropical florals right now. They’re perfect for adding a touch of summer to any outfit.” -Kate, fashion blogger
- “I can’t get enough of bold geometric prints. They really make a statement while still being super wearable.” -Jen, fashion editor
- “For me, it’s all about animal print. It’s fun, flirtatious, and always looks chic.” -Caroline, fashion stylist
- “I’m a big fan of vintage-inspired prints like gingham and polka dots. They’re perfect for creating a cute and girly summer look.” -Emily, fashion designer
How to accessorize for summer
When it comes to summer dressing, the right accessories can make all the difference. If you’re looking to beat the heat without sacrificing style, here are a few tips on how to accessorize for summer.
First, consider your footwear. sandals or open-toe shoes are a summer staple, but if you’re going to be doing a lot of walking, opt for a pair of comfortable flats. If you’re attending a dressier event, try a pair of wedges or heeled sandals.
Next, choose your jewelry wisely. If you’re wearing a sundress or tank top, some dainty earrings or a necklace would be a great choice. If you’re going for a more laid-back look, try some fun bangles or stackable rings. And don’t forget your sunglasses! A great pair of shades will not only protect your eyes from the sun, but also add a touch of glamour to any outfit.
Finally, don’t forget the power of a great bag. A large tote can be perfect for carrying all your essentials when you’re spending a day at the beach or pool. And as you are going on a trip with your friends you with extra clothes you may need to carry extra bags. You can drop your bags at NYC Luggage storage and enjoy your time out with your pals worry free.
Summer style tips from New Yorkers
- Wear light colors – white, ivory, pastels – to stay cool and reflect the sun’s rays.
- Go for natural fabrics like linen, cotton, and silk that breathe well and won’t stick to you when it’s humid.
- Choose loose, flowy silhouettes over tight-fitting clothes. Wide-leg pants, skirts with slits, and off-the-shoulder tops are all great options.
- Accessorize with a straw hat or scarf to protect your skin from the sun.
- Keep your makeup simple and minimal in the summer heat – a little BB cream, some mascara, and a pop of color on the lips should do the trick.
- Go sleeveless – make the most of showing off your arms – especially if you have body art or a patch sleeve tattoo – summer is the time to make sure everyone knows about your inkings!
If you’re looking for some summer dressing inspiration for the hot weather in New York, look no further than this list. With these 10 items in your wardrobe, you’ll be cool and stylish all season long. From airy dresses to lightweight shorts, there’s something here for everyone. So don’t wait any longer, start shopping for your perfect summer outfit today!