Every business wants to rank on the first page of google. This means that when a user searches for a keyword, your website will appear on the first page of google. Your website will appear only if it is one of the top 10 websites for that keyword.
But the question is how to rank your website on the first page of Google. If you want practical training, you can join the Quibus Trainings SEO course in Jaipur. You can also get some ideas by reading this blog. Read till the end, we will tell you the 6 easiest steps to rank your website.
Follow These 6 Steps to Rank Your Website on the First Page of Google
Step 1- Do Keyword Research
Keywords are the words a customer would type on Google when searching for your products or services. A keyword is a term for the best definition of your content idea.
Keyword research is a very crucial part for rank your website. You need to do keyword research properly.
Things you should keep in mind while searching for the keyword
- Your keyword should be relevant to your products or services
- Your keyword has a higher search volume
- Go for long-tail keyword
- Competitive analysis of keywords used by your competitor
- Your keyword should be intended for customer query
Steps to research keyword
- Prepare a list of all the broad topics which are important and relevant to your business
- Identify words from each topic that your targeted users might search for
- Search for terms used in related searches and autofill options
- Research for the volume of the keyword
- Use keyword research tools for better analysis
Step 2- Start Creating Content using Those Keywords
After doing keyword research, you need to start creating content using those keywords.
Here is the list of places to use those keywords in your content
- Page title – You need to write the keyword in your page title.
- SEO title – You must write the keyword in your SEO title.
- Headings – You need to use the keyword in your main heading.
- Sub-headings – You need to use the keyword in all your sub-headings.
- Introduction – You need to use keywords within the first or second line of the introduction.
- Meta description – You need to write the keyword in meta description tags.
- Meta keywords – You need to use the keyword in the meta keywords tag.
- URL slug – Your keyword must be written in the URL slug of your site.
- Image alt text – You should use keywords in the file name of your images before posting them.
- Body – You should use the keyword in the body of your content.
You need to optimize your content by making sure to use keywords in every possible place.
Step 3 – Optimize Your Content According to Search Intent
Search intent is the target of user search queries. Search intent shows the behavior of the customer.
There are 4 types of search intent
- Informational Intent- The goal of the user is to gain knowledge about something.
- Navigational Intent- The goal of the user is to find something specific.
- Transactional Intent- The goal of the user is to take a specific action.
- Commercial Intent- The goal of the user is to explore options for a specific product or service.
How to optimize for search intent?
- Explore SERP Credibility
- Your content should be categorized under 3c’s of search intent
- Content Format
- Content Angle
- Explore ideas from top-ranking pages and search results.
Step 4- Get Your Articles Indexed on Google
Your article needs to be indexed on google. It means that your page should be crawled by Google and exist in Google’s library. Benefits of index
- Increase ranking on search engine platforms
- Higher web traffic
- High conversion rate
- Users can easily trust you
Step 5- Do Proper Interlinking of Your Articles
Interlinking is the process of linking the article with other articles on your website. Interlinking helps to drive higher traffic to your website. While scrolling for an article, there is a high chance of clicking the interlinks available. It also improves crawl efficiency. It will also help you increase link equity.
Step 6- Start Social Bookmarking & Article Submission for Your Published Articles
Social bookmarking sites allow you to bookmark your favorite pages. And when you complete bookmarking you will get a link. This link helps you in indexing and crawling. This also helps you to increase the ranking of your website.
Article submission sites are used for publishing blogs to get backlinks and referral traffic to your website. It is included in off-page optimization. This will help you to drive higher traffic. It also helps you to get indexed and crawled. It promotes brand awareness.
To maintain the ranking of your website at top of SERPs, you need to follow all the 6 steps mentioned above.
Ranking at the top is very important if you want to reach a larger audience. Ranking on the first page means that you need to stand in the top 10 competitors. If you are not in the top 10 list, you will appear on the second page of Google. The second page of google means you are almost out of the competition.
So, start working from today itself to get a rank on the first page of google.