Day 1 CPT is not a formal term. Harrisburg University has master-level programs that offer CPT options starting the 1st semester after enrollment. Here we discuss about Harrisburg Day1CPT for International Students
Harrisburg Day 1 CPT Policy
- There are 3 semesters in a year for Day 1 CPT Programs at Harrisburg University: Fall, Spring, and Summer.
- In each semester, international students must register for at least 2 courses (6 credits; including one online course and one hybrid course)
- Onsite frequency: newest on-site requirement see: https://covid.harrisburgu.edu/announcement-for-all-international-graduate-students/
Harrisburg Day 1 CPT Requirements
CPT Policy for F-1 Visa Holder
- F-1 visa students are required to start CPT internship on the first day of the first semester (Day-1 CPT full-time job).
CPT Policy for status change students
- If you have submitted I-539 for status change or students with B-1/B-2 visa or F-2 visa to be transferred to F-1 visa, you are required to complete the first semester with a GPA of 3.0 or above to apply for CPT.
At Harrisburg University, CPT is a requirement for master’s and doctoral programs.
If you are a master’s programs student, you have to complete at least 2 semesters of CPT to be eligible for graduation. Meanwhile, you should complete two courses per semester, one online and one onsite.
The online course requires students to
- participate in group work or discussion;
- complete assignments;
- pass exams.
The onsite course is held at the main campus in Harrisburg on
- the first day of the semester;
- one day in the middle of the semester;
- the last day of the semester;
- It usually takes an average of 6-8 hours per week to complete all of the coursework.
CPT Policy Details
Students who have not received a master’s degree before being admitted to HU are recommended to work full time for no more than 364 days (in a given calendar year) under CPT authorization. This would enable them to apply for OPT (12 months) and OPT Extension (24 months) after graduation; otherwise, such students cannot apply for OPT Extension from their master’s program. Harrisburg Day1CPT for International Students
The CPT internship must be related to the student’s area of study: One can work full time (21-40 hours per week) or part time (20 hours or fewer per week).
Once the employer completes the CPT verification form and sends the offer letter to the International Student Office, the school will send students the I-20 with employer information after the offer letter has been approved.
If a student registers for courses for the next semester in advance, the CPT authorization will be extended to the beginning of the next semester. It will cover the gap between two semesters and allow the students to work full time legally.