As a business owner, you want to be successful in your industry. Content marketing is important to any online presence, but where do you start? It can seem overwhelming at first, but with a little guidance and some trial and error, you’ll be able to create content that resonates with your target audience and gets them excited about what’s coming next.
In this guide to elevating your business content on social media, you will learn some steps for creating compelling social media content for your brand.
Step #1: Create a Brand Style Guide
A style guide is a document that defines the brand’s voice, personality, and tone. It should be created by all members of your team (not just the marketing or copywriting teams) and should include all aspects of your brand, including:
- Writing guidelines will help define the words you use when communicating with customers. It should include everything from grammar to tone of voice to word choice.
- Design standards – This will ensure that any graphics used in social media posts are consistent with each other and your website aesthetic. Your logo may change over time (and it should), but these elements should remain consistent across all platforms so that visitors recognize them wherever they see them.
Step #2: Compile a Collection of Powerful Images for Your Business Content
Once you’ve found an image that fits your brand, upload it to a free background remover website. These sites work by detecting the background color behind your photo and masking it so that only the foreground is visible. This allows you to use any image as your social media profile picture without worrying about editing it yourself or paying for expensive software packages. You can also get a free photo background remover or video background remover to help you with your social media images.
Once you’ve chosen an attractive and relevant image, replace all your old profile pictures with this one. This ensures consistency across all your channels and makes it easy for viewers to find new content whenever they visit one.
Step #3: Create Quality Content That Showcases Your Brand
Now that you’ve identified your target audience, it’s time to create content they’ll want to consume. The best way to do this is by developing a brand voice, using colors and logos, using fonts and style guides, and understanding your brand’s unique selling proposition (USP) and value proposition (VP). To create a strong brand voice for yourself on social media:
- Use the same tone in other marketing materials for your company or organization.
- Be careful not to be too formal or casual; try to find a happy medium between the two extremes to avoid alienating potential customers.
- Keep in mind that words like “free” often have negative connotations with them; instead of saying something is free, think about ways you can describe what it does instead. For example: “save $10 off any purchase” could be phrased more positively as “get 10% off all products.”
Step #4: Store, Organize, and Share Your Assets with Ease
Now that you’re armed with the tools of the trade, it’s time to put them to good use. Consider using a cloud storage service such as Google Drive to house all your branded assets like logos, images, and videos. This will make it easy for other team members to access these files wherever they are working or traveling. You can also integrate Dropbox or Box into your workflow if those are more familiar platforms for you and your team members (or choose one tool).
Another option is using a content management system (CMS) that allows you to store all your brand-related assets in one place. This makes it easier to find everything from graphics to video clips when creating new content. Many CMSs allow users access via mobile devices so that wherever they are working on their projects, access will always be available when needed most urgently. This brings us back full circle: knowing how important it is not just having but also knowing how best utilize these tools effectively before trying anything else first.”
Closing Remarks for Elevating Your Business Content
These tips will help you create great content that your audience will love reading. Whether it’s an article or blog post, a podcast episode, or a video, you can use these ideas to elevate the quality of your work. These are a few of many great ways to elevate your business content on your social media.